18 May, 2012
The Manolo Award for Future Industry Leaders in the Americas has it first two winners
ARIA is very proud to announce the names of the winners in the inaugural edition of the Award:
· Martha Alicia López Contreras, from the firm Pearson in Mexico City, Mexico
· Maria Belén Gonzalo, from the firm Datos Claros in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Martha and Maria were selected among a distinguished group of young talented professionals currently employed by any member of the nine national research associations that constitute ARIA.
By this award, Martha and Maria will have an out-of-country, professional development experience, including:
· A two week immersion experience at a host company in another country of the Americas.
· Complimentary registration to a national research association conference or workshop scheduled during the immersion experience.
· Paid airfare and accommodations.
· Per diem cash award to assist with meals and incidentals.
· Recognition on the ARIA website.
The Manolo Award is made possible by the generous contributions of individuals, companies and professional bodies in the research business sharing a common interest to preserve the legacy and spirit of Manolo Barberena, who passed away at a young age exactly one year ago.
The selection committee, integrated by leaders of different national associations members of ARIA, wish Martha and Maria will have a lifetime experience, and invite other young research professionals to submit applications for the second edition of the Manolo Award in early 2013.
For more information about The Manolo Award or ARIA, please contact Alex Garnica, ARIA Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org